To register, contact Jessica at (208) 787-5851 or email email@example.com.
2017 Workshop Dates Now Posted!
2017 Workshop Schedule
- May 26-29, 2017
- June 23-26, 2017
- July 21-24, 2017
- August 4-7, 2017
- November 3-6, 2017
Advanced Workshops are open to no more than FOUR artists. These classes will be extremely in-depth and challenging with a combination of painting and study. This is an opportunity for the artist to experience dedicated, personalized attention and instruction.
Tuition for the Advanced Workshop is $2500; 50% tuition deposit required upon registration.
- August 11-14, 2017
The four-day Intensive Workshop consists of an accelerated, highly structured learning environment dedicated to helping you make better decisions (and consequently better paintings) in the field and the studio. This workshop is designed for the painter who has made a serious commitment to artistic growth and is willing to engage in an intensive study of the fundamentals of outdoor painting. This workshop is structured to cover a lot of territory in a concentrated period of time. The four day period allows you to digest, implement and practice, and the smaller class size allows for more individualized focus. All levels are welcome to attend the Intensive Workshops; we are interested in the process of growth and exploration.
Tuition for the Intensive Workshop is $1000; 50% tuition deposit required upon registration.
- Numerous outdoor painting sessions. Smaller class, more critiquing
- Classroom lectures (particularly the first day to develop a "common language" with Scott) and written instructional materials to take with you
- Example topics covered include: before-approaching-the-canvas ideas, composition, the key-in, motif, masses, value planes, types of light, learning to see relationships, color, edges, patterns, orchestration, problem solving
- Two large demonstrations by Scott Christensen
- Field study and painting throughout scenic Teton Valley, Idaho (just 18 miles from Jackson Hole, Wyoming)
- Study of deceased master works
- Q & A sessions
- Group critiques